We're looking for a few positions for our team. Basically, Silverdale is being revamped and ported over to a new engine, and we're trying to improve every single aspect of the original - still keeping the classic quality in a modern perspective. Our main objective with this thread is to find people who love to make games, show passion for getting better and don't cut corners in their work. Even though we question your experience in this field, it doesn't mean you won't be accepted by us, because we believe that these qualities outshine talent and/or experience.
The game is going to be commercial, so it will be extremely high-quality.
The game is in early alpha, do not expect a masterpiece or completed product on anything that is presented.
- World Map travel system.
- Event Tower with a puzzle top floor and bottom floor for housing portals to access Events in the world.
- Player-driven conflict and threat.
- Rewarded exploration.
- Unique leveling system.
- Jobs system.
- Unique event system that allows players to start specific events in the world.
- Difficult and interesting combat with classic elements and trinity system.
- Events with a randomized aspect to them - making the world feel like it is always changing.
- Skill system similar to classic MMOs such as Ultima Online and Runescape.
- Much more.
If your position is not listed you may still apply. We're always looking for more talented people to work with, but our standards for you will be higher than a position we desperately need.
- One game designer that loves and excels in math. You're going to be a secondary designer that helps balance the game.
- One game developer that helps map and other aspects of the game's content.
You can post it here or contact me directly. We're looking for three examples of your work with reasons why you're interested in working with us.
You can reach me on Skype via Helladen, MSN via Helladen@hotmail.com, Google Talk via Hellator@gmail.com, email me directly using my Google account, or send me a personal message here. Although, you will likely get a faster response if you use one of the first four contact methods.